We are a gathering of people of all ages who believe and love Jesus Christ, God's only Son. Together we worship our living God, learn and grown in our Christian faith, enjoy one another's company, and, most of all, share God's love with visitors, friends, and our community.
St. Luke is part of a national Church called The Lutheran Church- Missouri Synod [LC-MS]. We are a member congregation of the"Eastern District" of the LCMS. This two and a half million plus member denomination was organized in the state of Missouri in 1847. The purpose of the Synod is to promote and conserve the unity of the faith, and was incorporated as a not-for-profit corporation in 1894.
The History of St. Luke Lutheran Church
The St. Luke congregation was established in 1945 in the Town of Cheektowaga, a suburb of Buffalo. "Cheektowaga" is an Iroquois Indian word meaning "land of the crabapples". We are part of the Western New York Lutheran community. Since its beginnings, St. Luke has been blessed in many ways and has been a blessing through many tasks done to the glory of God.